Billy is using technology to reimagine the way in which care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer. We have a growing team who share a commitment to changing the way that care is provided in Australia, and around the world (www.billycare.com).
Our first product is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points on the day-to-day activities of an aged adult, through a series of sensors that we install around the home. We process this data to provide actionable insights for both family members, and professional carers. Curo passively tracks the taking of medication, eating of meals, getting in and out of bed, as well as general movement and ambient conditions around the home.
We have our product live in 750 homes across Australia and the US, and are working with some of the most innovative aged care providers to get our product in customer’s hands. We are proud to be managing the largest trial of in-home aged care technology anywhere in the world from our office in Melbourne.
We are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer to lead the ongoing development of our mobile application suite. We build mobile apps that are designed to provide peace-of-mind for families caring for an older relative living at home. This creates some unique and powerful design and implementation challenges, and we are looking for someone with a passion for solving complex problems with elegant code. The role requires close collaboration with other parts of our product team, to ensure that our end to end service functions smoothly and reliably.
Use your skills to:
- Design and build great applications for the Android platform
- Improve and maintain our existing suite of applications that help families across the country
- Collaborate with our team to define, design, and ship new, exciting features for our customers
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Work with RESTful APIs that interact with different parts of our product suite
This role would be well suited to those with:
- Passion for creating great UX experiences for all types of end users
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of and pride in the product you are creating
- Ability to make complex concepts easy to understand
- Ability to communicate clearly and work well with developers as well as non-developers
- A mind set on continuous improvement and knowledge sharing
- Strength in problem solving complex problems in creative ways
- Strong experience with writing native Android applications in Java using Android Studio
- Experience with automated UI testing using Espresso
- Proficiency in writing automated unit tests, and have a “test first” mindset
- Experience with setting up continuous integration tools as an initial step to app development
- Experience with using RESTful APIs for Android apps to communicate with back-end services
- Proficiency in code versioning tools such as Git
And definitely get in touch if you have experience with:
- Working with and developing for other mobile platforms such as iOS
We are a small team based in Kew, Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Ann Arbor, Michigan. This role will be based with our growing development team in Kew.