Billy is using technology to reimagine the way in which care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer. We have a growing team who share a commitment to changing the way that care is provided in Australia, and around the world (www.billycare.com).
Our first product is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points on the day-to-day activities of an aged adult, through a series of sensors that we install around the home. We process this data to provide actionable insights for both family members, and professional carers. Curo passively tracks the taking of medication, eating of meals, getting in and out of bed, as well as general movement and ambient conditions around the home.
We have our product live in 750 homes across Australia and the US, and are working with some of the most innovative aged care providers to get our product in customer’s hands. We are proud to be managing the largest trial of in-home aged care technology anywhere in the world from our office in Melbourne.
We are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Python software engineer, to contribute to and maintain our core platform and the APIs which power our mobile and web applications. The role requires close collaboration with other parts of our product team, to ensure that the service functions smoothly and reliably, whilst also designing and implementing new features and services in a considered and scalable way.
Use your skills to
- Spearhead the development of our next generation of software products
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implement and maintain RESTful APIs
- Manage the integration of data storage solutions
This role would be well suited to those with
- Breadth of software development experience including Python, Django and RESTful services
- Strong relational database experience (Particularly PostgreSQL)
- Experience with message-based systems (RabbitMQ, Celery)
- Knowledge and experience working with version control systems (Git)
- Experience and knowledge of RESTful API development for mobile/web use
- Experience implementing and maintaining multi-tenancy databases
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong experience implementing accessibility and security compliance
- Experience integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- 4+ years experience developing commercial software
And definitely get in touch if you have experience with
- Predictive analysis and machine learning
- Implementing front end technologies such as CSS/HTML & jQuery
- Implementing and maintaining HIPAA compliance
- Experience in AWS devops
- Experience implementing Microservices and/or Serverless Architecture
We are a small team based in Kew, Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Ann Arbor, Michigan. This role will be based with our growing development team in Kew.
- PostgreSQL, Python /Django, AWS, RESTful API Development