Senior Front End Developer
Billy is using technology to reimagine the way in which care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer. We have a growing team who share a commitment to changing the way that care is provided in Australia, and around the world (www.billycare.com).
Our first product is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points on the day-to-day activities of an aged adult, through a series of sensors that we install around the home. We process this data to provide actionable insights for both family members, and professional carers. Billy passively tracks the taking of medication, eating of meals, getting in and out of bed, as well as general movement and ambient conditions around the home.
We have our product live with some of the world’s leading health insurers, as well as with aged care providers in Australia and the US. We are proud to be managing the largest trial of in-home aged care technology anywhere in the world from our office in Melbourne, and closed our series-A funding round in July 2018.
We are looking for:
We are looking for a senior Front End Developer, to lead the creation and maintenance of our next generation web application. The role will collaborate with other parts of our product team, but most closely with design & UX to ensure a world class product.
Use your skills to:
- Develop a best in class web experience.
- Provide guidance on best practice, coding methodologies, solution design and implementation.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure a consistent experience across web and mobile platforms.
- Contribute as a senior member of the product team, to the overall roadmap of the product.
- Provide guidance and support to junior colleagues.
This role would be well suited to those that met some of the following criteria:
- 5+ years of experience in front end development.
- Proven experience working with UX/UI designers to successfully implement based on designs and wireframes.
- Experience with implementing applications upon REST interfaces.
- Automated testing experience.
- AWS experience.
- Passion for technology, and its deployment in healthcare.
We are a small team globally based in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Ann Arbor. This role will be based with our growing team in Melbourne.