Integration Engineer – Melbourne
Billy is using technology to reimagine the way in which care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer. We have a growing team who share a commitment to changing the way that care is provided in Australia, and around the world (www.billycare.com).
Our first product is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points on the day-to-day activities of an aged adult, through a series of sensors that we install around the home. We process this data to provide actionable insights for both family members, and professional carers. Billy passively tracks the taking of medication, eating of meals, getting in and out of bed, as well as general movement and ambient conditions around the home.
We have our product live with some of the world’s leading health insurers, as well as with aged care providers in Australia and the US. We are proud to be managing the largest trial of in-home aged care technology anywhere in the world from our office in Melbourne, and closed our series-A funding round in July 2018.
We are looking for:
We are seeking an Integration Engineer to work within our Product Team to lead the success of Billy’s integration with our hardware, sensors and other third party data sources.
Ensuring success of Billy’s product requires deep technical knowledge of our third party sensor technologies as well as an ever-evolving understanding of how the product behaves in the field. This role would support all parts of the product development cycle from early R&D to continuing engineering and support for shipped products. We collaborate closely with our hardware partners to ensure that we ship robust products.
This is a critical role that will sit right at the heart of Billy’s success over the next two years and beyond.
Use your skills to:
- Use insights gained from field and manufacturing data, developer documentation, and direct contact with partner engineering teams to guide continuous improvement of our products.
- Work with the Product Team to evaluate existing technology, and play a major role in new technology implementations.
- Work with our Support & Operations Team to provide valuable insights and assistance of our hardware and sensors, to troubleshoot and document problems and learning, and assist our customers to enjoy the most reliable and trustworthy version of Billy possible.
- Work with our APIs (and those of third party software and hardware providers) to investigate and implement implementations and integrations with new and existing IoT technologies that can help Billy to serve seniors with useful health and wellbeing insights.
- Perform data analysis of business workflows and their impact on integrations for both Billy and our partner provider clients.
- Monitor interface and data streams – develop alerts and processes that notify appropriate staff when errors occur.
- Work as a counterpart and communication channel between our product team and our third-party hardware partner engineering teams.
This role would be well suited to those:
- With 4+ years experience in an operationally complex environment
- Who are well versed in hardware debugging and passionate about understanding why things work (or don’t)
- Prefer taking a hands-on approach to solve challenging problems
- Excellent communication skills, including an intrinsically empathetic nature
- Passion for technology, and its deployment in healthcare
And definitely get in touch if you have experience with:
- Samsung SmartThings
- Zigbee, ZWave and BTLE IoT devices
- Apple HomeKit
We are a small team globally based in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Ann Arbor. This role will be based with our growing team in Melbourne.